What can I say, if you've read the previous post you probably know about my obsession and love for salad bowl. I can talk forever about salad bowl, but the more I do it I becoming to recognize that perhaps strong inclination toward it is attributed to the simplicity of the dish. It is the ultimate minimalist's dish because it's simple and there is no clutter with it, the ingredients are simple, and natural.
I was in need of a quick lunch today that took less then 30 minutes, so I decided to make another salad bowl. By far this is probably one of my favorite salad bowl recipe I've developed - this is so addictive and SO easy to make too. The funny part I accidentally put cinnamon in the chickpeas thinking it was cumin, and I must say, it was a great mistake because it made the dish just taste some much better, the balance between the spices (cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and Pataks - madras curry past), made the flavor and texture of the dish ten times better.
- Canned Chickpeas
- Half Tomato (diced)
- Handful of arugula green
- 1 Red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Pataks - madras curry past
1. Heat 1 tsp coconut in a cooking, add wash/rinsed chickpeas , and season with turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Add 2 tsp of madras curry past, and let it cook for another five minutes. Set it aside.
2. In serving bowl, place your diced tomato, red bell pepper, avocado, and arugula green. Season with coconut oil, little of cumin, cinnamon, and drizzle with lime. You can also season each of the ingredients separately and then assemble all the ingredients together in a clean mixing bowl for that perfect Instagram photo
3. Add chickpeas to the green bowl and serve warm. It should make a serving of one, but you can always modify to fit the number of people.