Hemp Seed Avocado Salad
So, I am not big on salad, but if I find a good salad I have no problem with eating it. But I though I'd try something different and make a simple salad. So I hope you enjoy simple, fresh, healthy and flavorful recipe. This salad is simple, requiring less than 30 minutes to put together
- 5-6 ounces of curly kale, torn or chopped, large stems removed
- 1 cup (50 g) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp (20 g) hemp seeds
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Avcado
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl with lemon juice and1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale and break down its texture a bit. Once done, place on serving plat.
- To the kale add sliced tomato, cucumber, avocado and hemp seeds.
- This salad makes an excellent side dish to meals like veggie burgers, and pizza. You always add your protein of choice to make it a more substantial entree.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a few days.