Matcha Energy Balls
So one of my biggest weakness is my sweet tooth, which makes it very difficult to stay healthy or eat healthy. My kryptonite is anything with sugar (gummbarries, jellybeans, jujubes, win gums etc..) and the list goes on. To curve this sugar addiction I often make energy balls. Energy balls are the perfect snack to have around when you have sweet tooth like myself or when you're craving something sweet but healthy. Each providea little of fiber, protein, healthy fat, and natural sugars for an energy boost
- 1 cup of pruns
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup water or almond milk or hemp seed milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Cup almond Butter
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Artisana, Organics, Raw Coconut Butter)
- 1 tsp collagen powder
- 2 tsp of honey
- 1 cup of Brookside dark brookside dark chocolate pomegranate (Optional: or vegan chocolate)
- Chia seeds
- Matcha powder
- Hemp seeds
- Cocoa powder
1. Start by placing the pruns, almond butter, honey, coconut butter, and milk/water in a blender or food processor. Process the pruns until small pieces forms and they're sticky. Empty into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place your chocolates bits into food processor until they're in small pieces, but not as fine as flour. Empty into a small bowl and set it aside
3. In food processor blend/process the rest of the ingredients, coconut oil, walnuts, cinnamon, chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds, collegen powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. A mixing bowl, add the mixed pruns, dark chocolate and coconut oil, walnuts, cinnamon, chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds, collegen powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Using your hand to mix everything together, and make sure that it's sticky or you're able to form a ball. Add a little of honey to make it easy to make the balls.
5. Scoop out round tablespoon amounts and using your hands to roll into little balls in the palms of your hands. Then rolled into matcha powder, enjoy immediately orstore in the fridgefor 3-4 hours or overnight.
Bite and enjoy! just try not to eat them all at once!